Under moderate supervision, perform one or more of the following composite part manufacturing functions: lay-up, cutting, bagging, autoclave, trimming, and/or repair, in a production environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
SUMMARY: The Cost Estimator will work with the management team and provide leadership and expertise for all aspects of estimating the manufacturing cost of new and existing parts. This is a full-time, hourly position.
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY: Production Manager
· Analyze detailed 2D drawings, 3D digital models and/or reverse engineered aircraft parts and determine cost estimates for manufacturing to include cost of labor, required equipment, materials, and any other costs that may affect the project.
· Assist the Production Manger in the development and implementation of project cost estimating standards and procedures.
· Work with the Purchasing Clerk to obtain acceptable quotes from suppliers for required materials.
· Document cost estimate and communicate estimate details effectively both internally and externally.
· Establish new and maintain existing estimating tools, methods and databases used to produce cost estimates.
· Perform functions of job as safely as possible.
· Active participant in Company drug and alcohol program.
· All other duties as required by the Company.