Currently Seeking Sheet Metal Assembly Mechanic in Savannah, GA with a Minimum of 2 years Structural Assembly Experience.
S-M Mechanic will get 3 weeks hands on training before working on the aircraft including experience with:
- Drilling Closer Tolerance Holes
In a team oriented work environment, under minimal supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
- Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structure.
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program, and complies with all safety regulations.
- Able to work with minimal supervision on duties and tasks.
- Support Lean Activities.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: Must be able to work in confined spaces. Must be willing to work 2nd shift as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) years related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and equipment.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs