• Accept or reject work accomplished for all items generated on the inspection forms.
Responsible for the surveillance of all work in progress.
• Assure that all work inspected is in accordance with current FAA approved technical data.
• Assure that all routine, non-routine, and customer request work cards are correctly completed and properly signed off.
• Verify calibrated tooling used is current.
• Assist the Director of Maintenance, Maintenance Manager, and Chief Inspector to ensure health and safety practices are followed.
• This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to submit to pre-employment and periodic DOT regulations for drug and alcohol testing.
• Researches technical data and examines the structure and components of an aircraft part for defects on the surface, inside the material, or hidden by other structures in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and company policies and procedures
• Calibrates NDT test equipment to standard settings, following specific instructions.
Sets up equipment to perform/conduct tests, following procedures established for specified tests and performed as outlined in the applicable NDT manual or other approved data.
• Conducts and documents tests on parts and assemblies to verify product conformance.
• Evaluates test results by analyzing and interpreting test data for acceptance or rejection and document the findings in accordance with specific procedures.
• Identifies opportunities for improving processes, procedures or equipment.
• Interfaces with responsible Level III, peers, or internal customers for assistance and identification of requirements to resolve manufacturing related process problems.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Lead Inspector.
• Airframe & Power Plant (A & P) License preferred.
• A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the non-destructive testing discipline is required.
• Large jet component repair/overhaul experience preferred.
• NAS410 or ASNT certification for ET, UT, PT and MT preferred, with verifiable education/certifications and traceable hours.
• Must successfully complete a comprehensive background check, verification of credentials, and a urinary pre-employment test for drugs as per the DOT regulations
• Attention to detail is imperative.
• Must be able to multi-task
Our client has a Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) facility that is qualified to perform unlimited maintenance and overhaul of large transport category aircraft. They handle heavy maintenance, engine removal and reinstallation, modifications and reconfigurations, full tear-down, cargo conversions, and complete logistic services.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs