The Production Planner will work within our fast pace AS9100 and FAA environment to analyze all designs and make proper procurement decisions. Knowledge of inventory control, scheduling systems such as re-order points or Kanban, is essential in lean and just-in-time production. Independent judgment and the ability to take initiative to investigate, respond, and resolve a supply and demand conflict is a requirement. The Production Planner will work with both vendors and internal personnel daily and operates as a pivotal communication link to achieve the required goal. A moderate knowledge of materials, the ability to negotiate, and business professional communication skills are a requirement for this position.
Examples of Duties:
• Check designs and drawings with market supplies and part number accuracy in support of engineering effort.
• Review drawings for accuracy, notes, and alternatives that might affect or offer savings to the company.
• Know inventory supply, what is generating the demand, and address purchasing requests from all sources.
• Become familiar with the vendors and negotiate short and long term solutions to improve fulfillment of the demand.
• Present quotes to vendors and review responses for either presentation or action.
• Determine best offers; place orders; and follow up with the orders and report findings on regular bases and in a timely manner.
• Resolve and/or communicate purchasing issues in an efficient and effective way as a team along with the vendors and between each department.
• Other duties as they may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Previous Global Shop or other ERP/MRP system work experience is a plus.
• Experience with and/or in a FAA and/or AS9100 facility is a plus.
• Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of materials, products, and manufacturing services.
• Ability to understand lean manufacturing along with other inventory control solutions.
• Skill in preparing and analyzing quotes.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Two years or more of previous buying experience, two years of college or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Our client offers products and services to support VIP interior completion and refurbishments.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs