The Composite Technician role provides aircraft maintenance in a variety of areas to deliver quality and value to a diverse set of aviation customers.
o We are looking for composite fabrication and/or composite repair experience
o Honeycomb panel & solid laminate experience
· Read blue prints and tape measure to ensure project accuracy and completion
· Build components for aircraft applications using a variety of composite materials
· Utilize a table saw, jigsaw, drill, and sanding equipment to complete fiberglass projects
· Follow basic maintenance instructions provided by supervisor
· Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to PPE
· Maintain shop floor/environment free from clutter or debris
· Other duties as directed
· Basic carpentry skills
· Technical aptitude
· Ability to read, write, and perform basic math calculations
· Ability to work well with others in a diverse group
· High School education required
· A&P license with some technical or college experience is preferred
· Some aviation and/or fiberglass experience is preferred
· Basic mechanical experience is desired
· Ability to:
o Crawl in and out of tight spaces
o Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
o Lift, balance, and carry 50 lbs.
o Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
o Work in close proximity to other people
Our client provides turboprop and jet aircraft solutions for government and commercial customers worldwide. Quick turnaround, creative aircraft modification, and operational excellence are important reasons why they excel when it comes to delivering special-mission aviation solutions.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs