Seeking at least 3 Avionics technicians for work in Miami, FL to perform the following duties;
- Projects include – B757, B767, A-320s
- Shows competence in aircraft systems, component location and identification.
- Performs all skills with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates a proficiency in performing avionics related modification with minimum supervision.
- Able to trouble-shoot and correct problems related to avionics systems through the use of wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals with an appropriate level of accuracy and timeliness with minimum supervision.
- Able to perform operational tests and functional checks on aircraft avionics systems accurately and on a timely basis.
- Demonstrates superior working knowledge of the variety of tools and test equipment necessary for the testing and repair of avionics systems.
- Has achieved a high level of knowledge in aircraft systems and their operations.
- Has a thorough understanding of aircraft avionics systems and how they interact and complement each other.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and skill of avionics systems on a variety of aircraft types which are consistent with those types worked on by AAR on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of how to use the different manuals available to use on the aircraft.
- Demonstrates superior proficiency in the use of test equipment and special tools used for the avionics systems in the aircraft types regularly worked on by AAR.
- Demonstrates a superior ability to make decisions and find solutions to the problems found in aircraft systems.
- Demonstrates a superior ability to work with and train new employees and apprentices.
- Asks questions as necessary to increase knowledge or skill.
- Maintains her/his work area in an orderly and clean manner.
- Records her/his time worked as directed by her/his supervisor.
- Complies with all safety procedures at all times, without exception.
- Complies with all AAR Aircraft Services - Miami. Policies and procedures which apply to her/him. Keeps her/himself informed of such policies and procedures and asks her/his supervisor for explanations of anything which s/he does not fully understand.
- Takes those prudent actions appropriate to the preservation of Company and/or customer assets, whether in monetary or other form.
- Attends work-related training as scheduled.
- Performs such other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by her/his supervisor.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally in writing in standard English.
- Able to interface in a professional manner with other AAR Aircraft Services - Miami employees at all levels and with customers if required.
- Demonstrate ability to work with hand tools.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret basic wiring circuitry accurately and on a timely basis.
Experience and education required for consideration:
- High school education or G.E.D. preferred.
- FCC license preferred.
- A&P license preferred.
- Minimum three years experience as an Avionics Technician
- Must meet basic requirements of an Avionics Technician I (known as Technician III, R/E in EV5 system).
- Exposed to high levels of noise, dust, vibration and chemical fumes.
- Able to lift fifty (50) pounds without mechanical assistance.
- Able to bend, twist, squat and lift.
- Able to access and work in all areas of the aircraft to be worked on, including confined areas.
Largest independent MRO provider in North America and ranks among the top three in the world offering major maintenance inspections, modifications, upgrades, refurbishments and painting for a diverse range of aircraft OEM platforms, including Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier and Embraer and was recently named to Forbes' America's Best Mid-Size Employers List for 2018.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs