• Perform FOD (foreign object debris) monitoring tasks in support of the SLS
• Perform walk downs of the FOD area at the beginning of each shift
• Monitor tool controls and provide coaching on tool and part procedures
• Monitor personnel entering or exiting FOD critical areas
• Log in/out shop consumables, small parts and tools, verify proper tethering and stowage procedures are followed and perform FOD checks at the end of each shift
• Perform 5S/area organization tasks as assigned
• Escort suppliers and visitors throughout the factory as needed
• This position requires the ability to obtain badging for NASA facility access.
• This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
• This position requires everyone to wear steel toed shoes.
• This position requires the individual to perform work in an operational complex while maintaining a safe manufacturing environment. Individuals are required to train, understand, and observe extensive safety and process controls to help protect persons and equipment.
• This position may support a 24/7 maintenance operation.
• This position requires the ability to perform manual labor inside or outside throughout the year in a variety of extreme weather conditions.
• The employee must meet medical requirement for work in geographic areas.
• The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of
• approximately 35 pounds.
• Applicant may operate a forklift and mobile crane.
• The work shift and baseline work schedule may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
• Applicant must be available immediately
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs