- Repair/replace aircraft structural components according to drawings, blueprints, directives, technical manuals and safety procedures
- Perform sheet metal bends to guidelines and specifications as dictated in normal aviation practices
- Remove existing rivets from aircraft structure
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to PPE
- Build components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials
- Make decisions regarding how to make repairs and know what repairs can and can’t be done
- Understand and apply FAA standards
- Effectively document job completion paperwork
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to layout, fabricate, repair and assemble sheet metal.
- Ability to apply and interpret blueprints in accordance with specified procedures and techniques
- Ability to operate shop tooling utilized during repair.
- Tooling includes but is not limited to: Press brakes, shears, rollers, grinders, drills, pneumatic squeezes, rivet guns and any other tools necessary to complete structural repairs.
- Valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with sheet metal, or completion of a technical school program in a similar field of study
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
For more than 20 years, regional aircraft have been serviced at this location in Bangor, Maine, and many of the technicians have been there for just as long. It is this knowledge-through-experience that has made them a world leader in regional aircraft support and aftermarket services for a number of aircraft types: Dash 8, CRJ, ERJ, E-Jet, ATR and Saab.
Thier 120,000 square-foot facility adjacent to Bangor International Airport was designed with operators’ needs in mind. They built everything they need to support the aircraf in one location. Some benefits offerec; Fully-stocked warehouse, with an extensive spare parts inventory, and 20,000 square-foot aircraft paint facility.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs