Currently seeking A&P Mechanics in Minneapolis, MN - Minimum 2+ Years of Commercial or Regional Experience Required.
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain, and service aircraft.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Perform visual inspections during assembly of part and after repair or installation of component.
- Perform operational checks after maintenance is performed to ensure proper operation.
- Examine, inspect and troubleshoot engine or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems.
- Perform maintenance IAW FAA approved technical data.
- Research FAA technical data to locate applicable data relevant to assigned tasks.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
- Must have 2+ years commercial/regional.
- Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must be able to document maintenance performed on required forms.
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently. (i.e., IPC, AMM, OHM, SRM.)
- Familiar with B737, B747, B757, B767, B777, MD88/90, DC-9 and A319/320 aircraft types and associated engines.
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Will need to verify Highest Level of Education Obtained – Degree or Diploma A Valid Clear Driver’s License.
- Successfully complete a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records check prior to beginning work.
- Must be willing to work rotating or fixed shifts.
This facility is the maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) division of a major United States Airlines
- This facility is located at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport and offers job stability, longevity and the ability to work in a climate controlled hangar.
- It's also located close to the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN
This facility is the largest airline MRO in North Americaand the third largest worldwide. They serve more than 150 aviation and airline customers from around the world, specializing in high-skill work such as aircraft engines, airplane components, avionics, airframes and line maintenance. They currently employ more than 9,600 maintenance repair & overhaul professionals and is one of the most experienced aircraft MRO providers in the world with more than seven decades of aviation expertise.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs