- Safely performing sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision.
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
- Safely operating shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheetmetal applications.
- Complying with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use of personal protective equipment as required. Ensuring aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- Reading work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts or structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Coordinating with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Using the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Corporate aircraft experience required
- Working knowledge of sheet-metal installation and fabrication processes (measuring, cutting, bending, forming, and drilling of aluminum sheet stock, angle and honeycomb) is required.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to complete math and basic financial computations with accuracy. Up to and including elementary algebra, understanding engineer drawings, use of precision measuring instruments.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal installation and fabrication work.
Our client provides maintenance, repair, and overhaul as well as completions, modifications, avionics, and paint for corporate aircraft.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs