Skill: A&P Mechanic (2+ Years)
Duration: 5+ weeks (open ended)
Location: Leesburg FL
Salary: please call Strom Aviation for compensation details (800) 743-8988
The A & P Mechanic that performs maintenance, repairs, and modifications to a variety of aircraft.
- Responsible for inspections and repairs, including documentation of all areas needing maintenance.
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and powerplant systems in determining equipment malfunctions.
- Responsible for the rebuilding and modification of aircraft, along with rebuilding & repairs of aircraft floats.
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components, including assembling & installing flight controls, engines, pneumatics, fuel systems, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulics, mechanical components and accessories.
- Performs miscellaneous repair projects, inspections or installations and completes various tasks as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications/knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Two to three years’ minimum general aviation aircraft mechanic experience strongly preferred.
- Airframe & Power Plant (A & P) license required.
- Two-year Technical degree preferred.
- Ability to plan, develop and implement a repair scheme for each component assigned.
- Ability to review aircraft manufacturer data, either on paper or electronically (computer) and ascertain type of repair possible.
- Ability to meet FAA regulatory and safety requirements in all aspects of the work.
- Perform lifting of supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Hear, speak and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization
- Stand, squat, reach, kneel, bend, and twist/turn for extended periods of time and perform long hours of work in the shop and hangar, repairing and maintaining aircraft.
- Must be able to use hand tools, including wrenches, hammers, power tools, and other tools used in testing aircraft and parts, and a computer, phone, and photocopier.
Our client has been engineering and manufacturing a full line of aircraft floats for all sizes of aircraft from the Piper Cub to the Viking Twin Otter, including most single engine Cessna aircraft. As a leading aircraft service provider, our client offers maintenance, avionics installation and repair, custom interior design and installation, and exterior paint refinishing all in one convenient location.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs