The Sheet Metal Mechanic role builds components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials.
- Shoot and buck rivets to specifications following FAA guidelines
- Recognize differences in types of metals including structural strength and thickness
- Perform sheet metal bends to guidelines and specifications as dictated in normal aviation practices
- Remove existing rivets from aircraft structure
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to PPE
- Build components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials
- Make decisions regarding how to make repairs and know what repairs can and can’t be done
- Understand and apply FAA standards (AC4313 Chapter 4)
- Read blueprints to ensure build and modification completion, follow both written and verbal instructions
- Effectively document job completion paperwork
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in SM
- A&P Preferred
- Valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with sheet metal, or completion of a technical school program in a similar field of study
- Must provide own tools
- Ability to use and effectively manager ERP program, time clock and company intranet
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- Experience with King Air, DHC-8 or Beech 1900 aircraft preferred
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Lay in a prone position for more than 4 hours
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift balance, and carry 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Work in close proximity to other people
Our client provides turboprop and jet aircraft solutions for government and commercial customers worldwide. Quick turnaround, creative aircraft modification, and operational excellence are important reasons why they excel when it comes to delivering special-mission aviation solutions.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs