Seeking Aircraft Painters for a Repair Station in Savannah, GA
The Aircraft Painter II works under minimum supervision to safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft according to schedule using company quality standards and operating procedures.
- Safely perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders, hydraulic lift platforms and paint sprayers.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures and be alert for unsafe conditions.
- Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: Must be able to work any shift and have knowledge of paint and paint processes.
- Mask, sand, and prepare aircraft for paint application.
- Apply glazing and sealing compounds in preparation for final painting.
- Operate and maintain all types of preparation and priming equipment. Mix paints and primers.
- Perform leading edge sealant work in final detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Two (2) years experience in related paint processes.
- Aircraft industry experience required.
- A working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with the aircraft painting process.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
- Working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs