- Assist in the removal/installation of avionics electrical components, fabrication of wire harnesses, installations, terminations, ring-out, and functional tests of avionics/electrical systems.
- Assist in installations, modifications, and the fabrication of wiring and electrical components, fixtures, and associated equipment in accordance with blueprints, worksheets engineering drawings.
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness.
- Perform operational and functional checks on VHF/HF communication, VOR/ILS navigation, and pulse equipment including DME, Mode-S transponder and weather radar.
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective components based on analysis of test results, following schematics, component maintenance manuals, and other technical documents.
- Interpret drawings, specifications and schematics of aircraft instrument/electronic components.
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components according to aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications.
- Use complex test equipment such as continuous wave and pulse generators, time domain reflectometers, frequency counters, multi-meters, deviation meters, and other specialized equipment to perform operational checks of avionics systems.
- Document maintenance and inspection results in accordance with Part 145 policy and procedures.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Detailed knowledge of the operation of avionics systems including communication, navigation, auto-pilot, flight director and pulse equipment including DME, transponder and weather radar.
- Knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals, publications, instructions, special tools and test equipment.
- Familiar with aircraft electrical wiring installation practices and able to read and interpret electrical schematics. .
- Has in their possession tools meeting the minimum tool list
- Education or Formal Training
- 5-7 years of equivalent work experience is required.
- Airframe & Power plant License required
- Repairman Certificate is preferred
- Collins ProLine 4 and Proline 21 training preferred
- 5-7 years of experience working as an avionics technician required.
- Previous FAA Part 145 repair station experience required.
- Corridor MRO software experience preferred.
Our client is built to meet their customer's needs, whether that includes aircraft management, aircraft maintenance, avionics, or components services.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs