- Manual deburring, grinding, polishing, trimming , finishing , cleaning, inspecting/measuring Steel, Aluminum, and Titanium parts
- Use of various hand tools and general equipment ( de-burring tools, power grinders, hand tools, vibratory equipment,…washing machines) and products (solvents , emery paper, polishing compounds, compressed air, etc.) to meet quality and customer specifications.
- Participate in a cross training and cross functioning team environment by learning and performing tasks in various areas of production (i.e. masking/blasting/polishing/toolsetting)
- Perform tasks with a high attention to detail
- Inspects and reports any defects
- Complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely manner.
- Function within a flexible task operations system
- Use of various measuring devices and air tools
- Cleans and maintains tools and equipment used in the work area and keeps the work area clean.
- Contribute in 5S and Lean manufacturing processes, including Kaizen (continuous improvement)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- Achieve daily production goals via efficient operations and excellent team-work
- Work in a safe manner following safety guidelines and policies
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements following guidelines
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Very good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and interpret drawing tolerances and specifications, preferred
- Must enjoy working in a team environment and be willing to accommodate flexible working schedules, including shift work
- Must be able to demonstrate safe operation of machinery
- Work under minimal supervision while handling multiple job requirements
- Be able to regularly handle items weighing up to 25 pounds and occasionally handle items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Good manual dexterity with the ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time in a repetitive manufacturing environment
- Participate in a cross training and cross functioning team environment
- Pass visual and physical exams if required
Our Client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry.
From initial concept generation, research and development, through the detailed engineering and configuration alignment with its customers’ assembly lines, ASCO looks to build strong long lasting relationships with our customers.
They are passionate about precision in their products and relationships. Their rich history and understanding of market needs merges with their knowledge of technology in the aerospace industry.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs