Aircraft Technician A - Sheet metal will perform work on assigned aircraft, assemblies, and parts in sheet metal area.
This position is expected to be approximately six (6) months in duration.
Sheetmetal Installation: 80%
- Read detailed plans and diagrams and inspect and measure parts prior to assembly, making sure parts are free of defects and are the right size.
- Install Sheet metal parts and assemblies in aircraft; assure that installations are attached without endangering aircraft structure or systems operations and functions.
- Cut, grind, or trim parts to fit properly.
- Use tools, such as drills, grinders, and rivet guns to assemble helicopters and parts.
- Fitting and assembling skins, frames, and other components. Work will consist of drilling, fitting, and riveting of the many sub-assemblies of the helicopter, including such items as tail booms and stabilizers
- Follow Engineering Instructions and Company polices.
- Make adjustments or replace parts when needed
- Assist in the development of patterns or templates to simplify manufacturing processes and to assure proper dimensions
- Work with inspectors to run tests to determine whether the parts are assembled properly
- Cut, file, drill, and ream metal, plastic, and rubber sections to prepare them for fastening
Manufacturing Parts: 10%
- Perform layout of sheet parts by measuring and marking in preparation for cutting and forming operations
- Cut raw materials allowing for bend requirements, flanges, and crimping.
- Bolt, rivet, or chemically bond parts together
- Follow all OSHA safety and environmental regulations
- Minimum of four years related experience; some experience may be substituted for education normally acquired in the attainment of an A&P license or a degree directly related to aircraft sheet metal or composite.
- Some trade school desirable. Basic Manufacturing Skills Classes / Blueprint Reading / Composite
Client strives to provide the most efficient helicopter solutions to its customers who serve, protect, save lives and safely carry passengers in demanding environments. Its helicopters are in service across more than 150 countries worldwide, performing nearly every type of vertical flight task imaginable. The company’s product line offers the full spectrum of rotary-wing aircraft solutions for civil, government, military, law enforcement and parapublic uses.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs