Strom Aviation is looking for qualified Support Technicians in Duluth, Minnesota to perform the following duties;
- Our support crew was initially developed to handle the cleaning and polishing of the aircraft during heavy check.
- Their role has expanded to include all routine and non-routine tasks associated with the water and waste systems.
- In addition, the crew is used both early and late in the check progression to open up various areas and close them.
- Tasks including:
- Panel and insulation removal
- Cleaning specific areas in preparation for detailed inspections
- Closing of an area following inspection or repairs are included.
- At different phases during the check this crew will supplement the hangar A&P crews with whatever skillset may be required depending upon the availability of that skillset on the crew.
- Things like component replacements or routine check and adjustment tasks are frequently assigned.
- Many former members of this crew have advanced into working either the interior tasks on the aircraft or have joined regular A&P crews in the hangar.
- The only limiting factor to advancing an aviation maintenance career from this starting point at is the motivation and talent of the individual.
Type of Aircraft: Commercial Airbus, Boeing, McDonnell Douglas
Longevity: Long Term
Quick Feedback: YES
Type of Work Environment: MRO, Climate Controlled
Candidates they will consider
- Sheet Metal New Grads
- A&P School New Grads whom have not received their A&P License (ie candidates whom possess an "A" Airframe or "P" Powerplant License, or candidates whom have taken their written test, but still need to take their orals and practicals etc)
- Interior Technicians with less than 1 year experience.
NOTE: Must be available to work any schedule or any shift
Tools Required: YES
Years' Experience Required: 1 year of experience working aviation interiors
License Requirements: None
Specific Aircraft Experience Required: Should have Commercial Experience
Must be available to work any schedule or any shift
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- FAA Repair Station located at Duluth International Airport (DLH) in Duluth, MN
- 6 support shops
- 188,000 square feet
- Accommodates up to 4 narrow-body aircraft
- Specialization in Airbus and Boeing narrow-body airframes
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs