Currently seeking Sheet Metal Mechanics in Minneapolis, MN
Local candidates are ideal; A&P License Preferred, but NOT REQUIRED
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
- Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches.
- Read work orders, job instruction cards, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts or structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule.
- Cure bonded structures, using portable or stationary curing equipment.
- Communicate with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts.
- Clean, strip, prime and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
- Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders.
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Airframe and Powerplant license not required but must have at least 3-5 years aviation sheetmetal experience.
- Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modifications, engineering orders, etc, with very little to no assistance.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently. (i.e., IPC, AMM, OHM, SRM.)
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records check prior to beginning work.
- Must be willing to work rotating or fixed shifts.
- A valid clear driver's license.
As required by the FAA for all persons in safety-sensitive positions, candidates selected for this position are subject to a drug test.
This facility is the maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) division of a major United States Airlines
- This facility is located at the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport and offers job stability, longevity and the ability to work in a climate controlled hangar.
- It's also located close to the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN
This facility is the largest airline MRO in North Americaand the third largest worldwide. They serve more than 150 aviation and airline customers from around the world, specializing in high-skill work such as aircraft engines, airplane components, avionics, airframes and line maintenance. They currently employ more than 9,600 maintenance repair & overhaul professionals and is one of the most experienced aircraft MRO providers in the world with more than seven decades of aviation expertise.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs