Our client provides its employees with a stable, growth-oriented work environment that offers opportunities for professional, personal and financial growth. While recognizing its employees as the most valuable asset. Management is dedicated to the continued building of the professional team that has allowed our client to become a recognized industry leader in providing the safest, most reliable, cost effective, and on time airline in the air cargo industry.
Responsible for inspection, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft to meet company, FAA and customer standards. This includes:
- Fully analyzes all required blueprints, drawings, work orders and sketches in order to troubleshoot, repair and install desired product or part. Is able to detect errors and correct through proper departmental channels
- Schedules items through the shop to maintain on-time deliveries
- Checks all mechanical components prior to installation to prevent damage
- Accurately estimates hours and materials for scheduled jobs
- Ability to operate all required ground support equipment
- Extensive knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions
- Thorough working knowledge of all current FAA Regulations
- Thorough working knowledge and use of MM, IPC, SRM and other manufacturers repair and troubleshooting documents
- Thorough working knowledge of blueprints, work orders and task cards to determine type of configuration and special instructions prior to installation
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft accessories, components and other hardware
- Comprehensive knowledge of estimating hours and materials for completing projects
- Complete knowledge of aircraft fasteners and applications
- Complete knowledge of all related skill area machines, equipment and hand tools
- Ability to install and rig aircraft flight control surfaces
- Ability to operate aircraft systems
- Ability to do engine 'run-up' and 'trim engines' SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Wear appropriate PPE as designated in each work area (e.g. safety glasses, etc.)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Airframe and Power Plant License
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbalâ€‹
- Heavy physical effort required on occasion
- Continuous mental and visual attention required
- Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Work performed in a shop environment on a regular basis
- Occasional travel to line stations
- Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable
- May work at different workstations as needed, and/or shifts from one station \ location to another
An express cargo carrier providing flight and maintenance services in the eastern half of the U.S. and the Caribbean Islands.Established since 1982, today our pilots operate 35 FedEx Cessna Caravans and 18 FedEx ATRs on 100 daily scheduled flights under 121 and 135. We have pilots and mechanics based in over 50 cities.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs