The Machining Technician I learns how to and assists in producing parts using various tooling and machines.
• Learn how to set-up, program and operate conventional manufacturing machines, CNC Machine, lathes and milling machines.
• Learn how to read and interpret drawings and build parts to the specifications.
• Learn how to assemble parts to expected quality specifications.
• Learn how to inspect parts, using basic hand tools, for accuracy of fabrication per drawing specifications.
• Package parts for distribution.
• Assist Machining Technician II and Machining Technician III to build tooling and fixtures needed to produce parts using manufacturing machines.
• Complete required paperwork as work progresses per work instructions; input necessary information in computer work order.
• Assist in special projects as required.
• Assist coworkers as required.
A. Clean and maintain shop equipment for proper operation.
B. Inform Production Manager of faulty/perishable equipment and tooling for repair.
C. Keep work area clean and properly store equipment.
A. Comply with established Company and Department safety procedures.
B. Protect equipment and parts from damage.
C. Inform Production Manager of damage to equipment and personal accidents.
• Perform all other duties and assignments as requested by Management.
• Active participate in Company Drug and Alcohol Program.
Must have 3, 4 & 5 axis Experience and experience with Precision Metal Machining
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Ability to use power operated machinery.
Familiar with the use of basic hand tools and own basic hand tools.
Team oriented and time sensitive.
Ability to work on own and motivated to perform job and provide a high-end, quality product.
Ability to work to specifications and extremely high attention to detail.
Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Our client is an award-winning manufacturer that has been recognized for its outstanding quality, commitment to meeting delivery schedules, sustained high performance, focus on customer satisfaction and robust lean processes.
They take pride in combining innovative engineering solutions, global supply chain and LEAN manufacturing approaches to deliver integrated solutions to customers throughout the world.
FAA/EASA approved STCs including engine conversion kits and others
Our goal every day is to provide quality products and services in a timely and efficient manner that meet the needs of our customers.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs