- Cuts fiberglass, kevlar or graphite cloth to size, following template or blueprints, using cutting machine, scissors, or knife.
- Marks identifying information on material and assembles materials in kits for subsequent laminating.
- Applies parting agent to mold or bonding fixture.
- Impregnates cloth with resins by dipping cloth in solutions, feeding cloth between rollers to impregnating machine, or brushing resin onto cloth.
- Applies layers of impregnated cloth or prepreg onto mold or fixture in predetermined ply sequence, and presses cloth to fit contours of mold, smooth surface, and remove air pockets and excess resin, using squeegee, scraper, spatula or roller.
- Fits and laps ends of cloth, using scissors or knife.
- Encases molded laminate in bagging material and bleeder cloth, attached vacuum bagging apparatus, such as thermocouples, probes, and vacuum connections, to mold or bonding fixture, and exhausts air from vacuum bag to seal laminate for curing. Tests seal on vacuum bagging apparatus, using leak detector.
- Trims, drills, deburrs, grinds, sands, and finishes cured parts to specifications, using templates, fixtures, handtools, and power tools.
- Prefits and assembles cured parts into assemblies or subassemblies, using jigs, fixtures, power tools, and fasteners, such as rivets and bolts.
- Performs cold/hot metal bonding.
- Applies adhesives to surface of assembled parts for bonding in autoclave.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow and administer verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position
- Ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment
- Ability to work without supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or post-secondary education or training in composites or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required.
Experience: Three to five year’s composite or structures work experience preferred.
- "A" License required.
- Current valid driver’s license.
Our client is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. A Class IV 14 CFR Part 145 certified operation specializing in every aspect of aircraft maintenance for the service life of your fleet. Narrow and wide body, small to large, regional to long-haul aircraft. Complete with one of the largest storage and reclamation operations in the world
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs