QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR
Location: Kernersville, NC
Compensation: Please call Strom Aviation for compensation details 800.743.8988
SUMMARY: The main function of the Quality Assurance Inspector is to perform inspections on all types of parts to ensure conformity FAA and customer approved drawings and specifications. This is a non-exempt, full time, hourly position.
- Ensure that parts meet the FAA or customer provided Approved Design Data prior to being accepted under PMA or customer requirements.
- Maintain oversight of the systems used to provide the traceability of parts and materials in accordance with FAA and ISO9001/AS9100 requirements.
- Maintain control of incoming parts and materials through applicable specifications or source control drawings.
- Ensure that all parts and materials received for use are identified with the applicable part/material designation.
- Support the Quality Manager in maintaining adequate procedures to ensure the quality of parts and materials purchased from outside suppliers. This includes supplier control systems, audits, and defect control.
- Perform Inspection function on parts.
- Document and complete required paperwork and inspection records.
- Complete required paperwork and input necessary information in computerized work order system.
- Ensure that personal work station and equipment are cared for and used in a clean and safe manner.
- Follow safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Complete time card with proper codes.
- Perform functions of job as safely as possible.
- Active participant in Company drug and alcohol program.
- All other duties as required by the Company.
- Needs to be able to have a in person interview
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- At least two years inspection experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be experienced at inspecting a variety of parts including parts with complex contours as well as sheet metal parts.
- Must be proficient with inspection tools, measuring techniques and equipment including Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
- Have a working knowledge of American National Standards (ANSI Y14.5)
- Experience in the aviation industry and knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration Quality Control and ISO9001/AS9100 requirements.
- Ability to work to specifications and extremely high attention to detail.
- Ability to work on own and motivated to perform job and provide a quality product.
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Extremely detail oriented.
Our client is an award-winning manufacturer that has been recognized for its outstanding quality, commitment to meeting delivery schedules, sustained high performance, focus on customer satisfaction and robust lean processes.
They take pride in combining innovative engineering solutions, global supply chain and LEAN manufacturing approaches to deliver integrated solutions to customers throughout the world.
Our goal every day is to provide quality products and services in a timely and efficient manner that meet the needs of our customers.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs