SUMMARY: The Cost Estimator will work with the management team and provide leadership and expertise for all aspects of estimating the manufacturing cost of new and existing parts. This is a full-time, hourly position.
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITY: Production Manager
· Analyze detailed 2D drawings, 3D digital models and/or reverse engineered aircraft parts and determine cost estimates for manufacturing to include cost of labor, required equipment, materials, and any other costs that may affect the project.
· Assist the Production Manger in the development and implementation of project cost estimating standards and procedures.
· Work with the Purchasing Clerk to obtain acceptable quotes from suppliers for required materials.
· Document cost estimate and communicate estimate details effectively both internally and externally.
· Establish new and maintain existing estimating tools, methods and databases used to produce cost estimates.
- Assure quoted parts are consistent with customer specifications.
- Perform time studies as required.
- Contact customer to resolve engineering or tooling questions.
- Provide expertise on machining process issues.
- Provide process improvement and cost reduction guidance.
- Revise cost estimates for customer engineering changes.
- Compile machining quotes into a single package for the customer.
- Assist with tooling issues and/or repairs as needed.
· Perform functions of job as safely as possible.
· Active participant in Company drug and alcohol program.
· All other duties as required by the Company.
- Minimum of three years cost estimating experience, preferably in aviation or military defense.
- BS Degree in a related manufacturing discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to quote complex machined components, assemblies, and special processes.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to co-workers and customers.
- Familiarity with CAD systems preferred.
- Must be computer literate and have a strong working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong conceptual estimating comprehension and analytical skills.
- Ability to work to specifications with extremely high attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self managing and require minimum supervision.
- Team oriented and time sensitive.
Contact: Strom Jobs firstname.lastname@example.org