Dismantles, moves, assembles, installs, and repairs industrial machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, drawings, or verbal instructions. Dismantles equipment and machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools; moves machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks; assembles and installs equipment such asconveyors and tram rails using hand and power tools; constructs foundations; aligns machines; performs scheduled inspection and maintenance. Sets up and operates machine tools and fabrication machinery to rework or make new parts. Combined discipline in both Mechanical and Electrical skills sets is preferred, but core skills in either/or will also be strongly considered.
1. Assist higher grade employees in the completion of work or complete work under the direction of a higher grade employee in same job classification, or work plans.
2. Perform root/cause analysis in support of reliability processes, and collaborate with vendors, engineering, team leader, customer, other crafts and management to solve equipment problems and develop corrective action.
3. Enter and retrieve data from the CMMS system, and order parts required to accomplish the tasks, (except as relates to inventory, store, record, issue and any other duties related to material support technician.)
4. . Rework and maintain tools of all types and materials. Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
5. Train other employees in same job classification as requested or required.
In addition, each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by Spirit leadership. Training and certification will be provided for the additional work when required.
1. Use precision alignment and measuring instruments.
2. Diagnose failures, determine parts and material requirements, and perform repairs as required to resume operation on the following:
3. Operate plant equipment to fabricate and repair machine parts.
4. Finish, scrape, flake, frost and lap to align and level machine beds, ways and related equipment.5. Lead, train, team with and plan sequence of work for assigned employees of equal and lower classifications in the Equipment Maintenance Technician cla