S-M Mechanic will get 3 weeks hands on training before working on the aircraft including experience with:
- Drilling Closer Tolerance Holes
In a team oriented work environment, independently performs a variety of structural assembly operations using required tools and appropriate prints, specs and operational requirements to complete work assignment, and ensure conformance to specification. Assists and instructs other team members.
- Use ability as a skilled specialist to contribute to the development of employees and techniques and completes work in innovative and effective ways.
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Possess the proven ability to move to new tasks with only a minimal, short-term impact to established goal hours and schedule.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structures.
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defect free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Instruct and assist other team members in interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and engineering orders; develop methods and shop aids to resolve production installation difficulties and problems.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assembles parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Plan and organize workloads and resource requirements to meet or exceed goal hours and schedule expectations.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S, Lean Initiative Program, and complies with all safety regulations.
- Support Lean Activities.
Must have experience with aircraft structural repairs and modification. Aircraft wing experience
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Q-Stamp preferred.
- Four (4) years related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumnia and Smarteam preferred.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs