The Material Handler performs manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and supplies. This is a non-exempt, full time, hourly position.
REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES: Supply Chain Manager
- Greet package delivery and pick-up driver on a daily basis. Load and unload packages and sign for receipt.
- Log deliveries and shipments into computer system.
- Unpack Production Division packages. Ensure receivables are undamaged and appropriate paperwork is attached with part including charges for cores.
- Retrieve shipping information for outbound items. Package item, complete shipping receipt, and record shipment in computer system.
- Maintain all appropriate shipping documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of each shipping company’s pick-up and delivery times. Notify Company employees of time changes and holiday schedules.
- Stage production materials to production floor for Technicians daily or as requested. Including sawing raw material.
- Assist Parts Clerk in conducting inventory counts.
- Assemble product kits for shipping.
- Assist Parts Clerk in conducting required checks and maintain logs for the following Company equipment:
D.Fire Extinguishers and Emergency lighting.
E.Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Run parts and/or materials to and from desired locations.
- Assist Production Manager with requested functions.
- Run business related errands as requested.
- General maintenance of Kernersville facility.
- Perform functions of job as safely as possible.
- Active participant in Company drug and alcohol program.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as requested by Management.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Be able to prioritize tasks.
Computer literate including Word programs and spreadsheets.
Customer oriented and ability to communicate professionally with all customers.
Detail and multi-tasked oriented.
Communicate written and verbally in English language.
Need to be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
Valid drivers license to operate forklift and drive company equipment.
Contact: Strom Jobs email@example.com