***PER CLIENT: We are looking for more of a temp-to-hire role. They are looking for someone who is looking to make Springfield home…***
HS Diploma or GED Required - 1st Shift: 6:00am - 2:30pm
- Must be proficient in cutting, sewing, stretching, and cementing a variety of natural and synthetic fabrics.
- Must have proven technical aptitude.
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand power tools, including the ability to set-up and operate sewing machines
- Pattern, foam build-up, sewing, assembling and disassembling
- Performs upholstery and trim completions on complex patterns and prints.
- Researches and develops upholstery schemes using blueprints, engineering orders, service bulletins, and other technical publications.
The Upholsterer is responsible for using sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding upholstery and trim completions. The Upholsterer is technically competent in aircraft upholstery, and is expected to be able to accomplish the vast majority of his/her duties with minimal supervision. Customer satisfaction hinges upon sound decisions and expedient action on the part of the Upholsterer. As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
The Upholsterer IV performs upholstery and trim completions on complex patterns and prints. This position will research and develop upholstery schemes utilizing blueprints, engineering orders, service bulletins, and other technical publications. He/she may oversee and direct Upholsterer I, II and III Positions and assist the Trim Department Crew Chiefs and Leads.
- Plans and develops lay-outs for upholstery construction and installation by interpreting blueprints, sketches, service bulletins, OEM or government specifications, engineering orders, or other technical publications.
- Cuts, trims, fits, sews, and adheres fabrics to furniture and interior surfaces (chairs, divans, headliners, side-panels, engine and propeller covers, decorative trim, drapery, etc.) in a manner that is within specifications and is pleasing to the customer.
- Strips fabric from aircraft interiors and surfaces to prepare for remodeling and recovering.
- Cuts perform foam rubber, covers it with sheeting or fabric covers, and attaches it to the furniture framework.
- Trims, cuts, and installs carpeting by use of patterns.
- Hand-forms wet or dry leather to divans and chairs and uses heat to form vinyl materials.
- Selects and procures materials, equipment, and tooling required to perform the assigned work. Repairs and adjusts upholstery tooling and machinery.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other StandardAero facilities as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting, and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental, and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department. Position Requirements High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years prior custom upholstery experience in the aviation industry. Must have comprehensive knowledge of the upholstery trade.
- Upholstery training preferred. This training may take the form of military training, technical school training, or on-the-job training in a relevant industry (example: automotive or marine).
- Must have proven technical aptitude.
- Proficiency in cutting, sewing, stretching, shrinking, and cementing a variety of natural and synthetic fabrics.
- Ability to interpret complex prints to plan, lay out, and accomplish custom upholstery and trim.
- Proven experience using a variety of hand and power tools. Must be able to set-up and operate sewing machines.
- Sufficient mathematical skills in order to compute material requirements from prints. Must be able to compute three dimensional patterns from single dimension prints.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions, and speak and write clearly to communicate and document work performed.
Contact: Strom Jobs firstname.lastname@example.org