- Perform such typical maintenance functions as cabling, component removal/installation, wire harness removal/installation, fabrication/repair of wire assemblies, and continuity checks.
- Determine if work can safely be accomplished if aircraft is in a power-on mode and be able to conduct necessary testing if in a power-on mode.
- Fabricate and install all wiring assemblies, static lines, and associated mechanical equipment.
- Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- Assist other employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
- Perform other work as instructed by the Avionics Team Leader or Lead, if qualified.
- Act as an Avionics Team Leader or Avionics Lead when required and if qualified for the position
- A Minimum of 2 years heavy commercial experience is required (Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, and AirBus) for Avionics technicians.
- Helicopter experience will be considered. KC10 Military aircraft experience will also be considered for all skill groups.
- Must have own tools and reliable transportation
- Must be shift flexible
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Preferred but not requred FCC license or A&P license
Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, our client is a global, world-class aviation company providing services ranging from aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products. They support global aircraft operators and owners with comprehensive aircraft care services including base maintenance from two multi-hangar locations in the U.S. The company’s Cabin Solutions division provides interiors design, engineering, certification and cabin reconfiguration services, as well as manufactured products including passenger seating, structures, galleys and lavatories. We pride ourselves on safe, high-quality aviation products and services for our customers, as well as security and growth for our most valuable asset -- our people. They are committed to maintaining our position as an industry leader.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs