Performs routine repairs, checks and installations of all Avionics systems on the aircraft while under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Within budgeted or estimated time, repair, modify, install, and perform routine maintenance of all Avionics systems with accuracy and with minimal assistance.
* Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents.
* Apply deductive reasoning to troubleshoot and repair and/or check complex systems.
* Properly utilize Avionics test equipment to perform systems test and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment and the use of such equipment. Properly utilized and maintain Avionics hand tools to perform repairs and installations.
* Keep leadership and co-workers apprised of work progress and/or problems.
* Accurately document work performed as set forth maintenance programs on a daily basis using the standard format. Prepare routine reports and correspondence.
* Fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
* Take immediate corrective action regarding unsafe conditions.
* Regular and predictable attendance.
* Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
* Operate ground support equipment e.g. power carts, Hi-Reach, etc. as required.
* Other duties may be assigned.